Newburgh, New York- Our small city has more churches per capita than any other city in the U.S. We have the broadest Broadway in the U.S. A higher crime rate than New York City. Our dropout rates are astounding. Our unemployment rate is too. We have a large Historical District. Hey kids! George Washington slept here!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Tour de Newburgh

When I was a kid, I loved to ride my bicycle. I liked going fast. I could go where I wanted. I'd ride with my friends.

We washed our bikes, oiled our bikes and fixed them when they were broken.

We learned our way around our town. We built "jumps" from a piece of plwood leaned against a rock.
I put a baseball card in the spokes. I thought I was Evil Kneivel.
These are bicycles in Newburgh. I wonder who rides them and where they go.
I wandered around looking for bicycles to photograph. I found plenty of bikes, but no riders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o0o0o0o pretty

J said...

My bike got stolen in Newburgh when I was a kid. It was just parked out in front of our house on the sidewalk and someone came by and took it. Never saw it again.